Sunday, July 29, 2012

Silence

My oldest daughter is not talking to me. I don't know why not - I have a few guesses, all of which make her the selfish one. If non of my speculations are true, then I am responsible, but she won't tell me what I did. I don't think I did anything, in fact, I think she is expecting something from me that I cannot, and don't have to, give.

Boundaries.

It's all about boundaries. I believe she has none, or they aren't very high and she expects the same from me, however, my boundaries are 8 feet tall and bullet proof. She doesn't understand that I would have boundaries where she is concerned and she's getting tired of trying to knock them down. I don't know what to do and I'm getting mad at her for screwing things up.

3 comments:

Just Be Real said...

Dear one I am sorry for your struggles with your daughter. If there is one thing I have learned on my journey, it is that when things like you are experiencing happens, it is the other persons "issues." Not yours.

We are trying to stand our ground to survive. Other's are discombobulated because they are used to the dysfunction. And want it back.

Keep your boundaries. As emotionally painful as it is. You have come a long way dear one. Hugs.

Kate said...

I think boundaries are a very good thing. Good for you.

Kate

Child of God said...

I don't have much time to leave a comment but I really wanted to tell you I am lifting you up and praying.

<><