Saturday, December 31, 2011

Different Kind of Lost

I didn't expect to feel lost or lonely this Christmas. I did though. my daughter was here with her husband, but I really still felt very alone.

I was invited to Christmas eve get together with my family, I didn't go because I had family of my own here. things were fine and then, Christmas afternoon I invited my mother over for Christmas dinner. Oddly enough, having her here made me feel all alone. I just don't fit in anymore.

I think I'm just going have to understand that I'm just never going fit in, ever again. maybe that's what growing up is all about.

In any case, I hope everyone have a very merry Christmas.

3 comments:

Kate said...

I stay away from family and that seems to work good for me.

Good and healing thoughts to you.

Kate

Just Be Real said...

((((Ivory))))

beautifuldreamer said...

I don't think I've felt a sense of belonging since my early childhood, when my father was still the major part of my life.

Holidays sure emphasize one's loneliness, and "otherness" don't they?

Wishing you the best,
Beauty