Monday, October 3, 2011

Planted and Growing

I planted some grass (lawn) about 2 weeks ago. The weeds came up first.

Just when I was about to give up hope, the bare gound (other than the weeds) turned a shimmering green. I still couldn't see the grass blades, just a haze of green. The next morning, each blade was standing tall and easy to see in the early morning sunlight. It was just that fast; just that miraculous; just that wonderful.

That is how things are for me right now. It happened that fast, that miraculous, and it's that wonderful.

I got a puppy. Her name is Scooter and she loves me and I love her. She is now about 5 months old and nearly potty trained. Scooter is as ornery as the day is long. She loves to grab a kleenex or papertowl, if one happens to be on the floor, and I can see her smile as she looks at me just before she begins to tear it to pieces.

Scooter doesn't care if I can't remember what we were doing or where we were going - she's just happy to come along. She licks my cheek when she hears me crying out or having a bad time in my nightmare. She has such an all encompassing presence in every room, she draws attention from everyone she meets, yet, she stood between my ankles the first time she met a kitten, who stood purring on the other side of the chainlink fence.

I have pretty much stopped going to therapy. Mr.S and I have agreed that I only go when I feel I need to go. He said this day would come. At the time, I was shocked and overwhelmed at the thot, but now, I am healthy enough to let it (therapy) and him, go. I know he is just a phone call away, I'm okay with that.

Scooter wasn't the only change allowing me to make that decision. It was certainly triggered by getting Scooter, but it seems that it all came together at the same time. So here I am. I'm okay, but I'm worried about Gracie. Do any of you remember Grace? She is having a tough time, hard life, and I havent heard from her in a while - mostly because I didn't get my email for 2 weeks. But if you're reading this Grace, I'm thinking about you and wish you the best.

Ivory

3 comments:

castorgirl said...

Hi Ivory,

This is so good to read :) I'm so happy for you, and where you are. Scooter sounds like great fun and a gift... the comfort animals can provide is incredible.

I hope you hear from Grace soon...

Take care,
CG

Exhale said...

Congrats on your new puppy...

Lily said...

What a great post. Animals bring such joy to our lives. I have 3 cats (2 kittens and a cat I'm fostering) and they make me laugh, are there when I cry and make me feel important and loved. So glad to see you doing well!