Friday, January 28, 2011

Mind Toys

I have come to believe that DID can present some situations that can be down right amusing, I call these situations Mind Toys. I love mind toys.

If you have read many of my posts, you know that I have this crazy coworker. I have found a way to get thru the day with her on my back, in my face, and her constant unwanted opinions/advise.

Here are a few of my coworker's worst/best behaviors: If I make her mad, she pulls out a Mountain Dew and chugs it; after every phone call with a client, she jumps up and goes to tell anyone who will listen; instead of working, she "colors" with her highlighters while announcing she is soooo overwhelmed, and my personal favorite - if she gets an idea in her head, she will obsess about it for hours or days and leave me alone (I'll explain this one a bit more in a minute).

For several months now, I've been going to therapy to help me cope with this coworker. Well, I can cope with her, it's Navy and Blue who cannot deal with her constant intruptions. I always tryed to ignore her, keep my mouth shut, or listen patiently, but one day - Blue could take it no more.

As Coworker came into the hallway to tell me for the millionth time that day that I had to do something HER way BECAUSE THAT'S THE WAY WE ALWAYS DO IT.  I just couldn't take it anymore and I knew instantly that Blue and Navy were very close. Suddenly, I heard Blue tell Coworker that "Teri" (another coworker) had taken a coveted policy notebook and hidden it in her cubicle. I was shocked not so much that Blue said it, but that it had absolutely nothing to do with what we were arguing about!

But, like magic, Coworker's mouth closed, she blinked a few times at me and then took off for Teri's cubie, mumbling something about, "...why would she take it again? She has not business..." For hours, she obsessed over trying to find the notebook and trying to sneak over to the other cubie and covertly search for the notebook. It was absolutely wonderful - I got lots of work done.

Since then, I don't need Blue, I can derail Coworker any time, any place, with just about any topic. It gives me power, control, and (yes) even fun.  I have to do something to keep my sanity and yes, I realize it may be a bit mean, but...       :)

More Mind Toys to come...

8 comments:

Kerro said...

Hee hee hee. Such fun, Ivory! :)

Just Be Real said...

Oh wow Ivory. I chuckled when I read this! I love how you all found out how to derail "the co-worker." Keeping your insanity is fine here. And yes amusing. . . . looking forward to more installments. Maybe I need to try this as well. ;)

Ethereal Highway said...

I don't think you're being mean. She sounds like a royal pain.

Bee said...

That is AWESOME! I have an alter (Laura) who is exactly like that and loves to do that to people. Thanks for sharing :) It gave me a laugh!

*Bee

Ivory said...

Thanks everyone! This is fun sometimes, I just worry sometimes that I'm going to get "caught" and written up... noooo, I don't think I will, Blue and Navy are pretty sly.

Shen said...

How much fun is this :-)
I'm glad you've found a way to deal with the coworker and also destress over the nitpicking she does.

Kate said...

Hi Ivory,

I wouldn't call it mean; I would call it coping. If someone is stopping you from working they are sabotaging the company and you should feel free to find ways to work around her. With all her issues it seems as though you are finding some good ways of derailing her crazy train.

Good and healing thoughts to you.

Kate

Ivory said...

You know, everyone, I was actually feeling a bit "bad" for enjoying learning how to derail Coworker, however, after all your wonderful comments, maybe I don't feel so bad about it now! THANKS!