Sunday, September 26, 2010

Mommie Dearest (not)

I can't believe I fell for it yet again.

After our family meeting, my mother seemed to be trying to be a decent person. She only has problems around me, for some reason.

Just days before my daughter came for a visit, things changed. Two days before she got here, my mother was in my car with me and she said, "you know, I was watching you push that cart back and I couldn't help but notice that you don't look like your dad's side of the family, you look like mine."

"Really, why?"

"Well at their family reunion, I couldn't BELIEVE how FAT they've all got.  You look just like them. I guess you got the worst of both sides."

"No, I didn't."

That was all I said. It. I didn't even say it angry. Not even hurt. I may as well have not said it.
All day, I've been thinking of moving. I just can't take it anymore. I feel as if I've been morning something or someone for the last few weeks. And then there's my daughter (whom I've just met, for those of you who may be new to my blog), I seem to have offended her somehow and I'm little more than whale-poo to her right now. (That part is due to her emotional problems - I'm not always whale-poo, sometimes I'm a Goddess.)

No comments: