Saturday, April 3, 2010

Happy Easter All!

Just wanted to stop in and let all of you know that I'm wishing you all a Happy Easter.

I know that some of you are with family already and trying to "hang in there". Some of you are planning on going to your FOO or inlaws, and some of you will be alone.

I have been invited to go to my daughter's inlaws but they are too far away and I have to work on Monday (I had Friday off) and I have been invited to go to a coworker's house. I have turned down both, although I may go to the coworker's house. My family, who will all be within a couple of miles from me have not asked me to join them and if they do ask, they will wait until the very last minute, such as Sunday morning at around 11 a.m., when they think of me only as an afterthought. I won't go when that happens - that's one of my boundaries. I won't be treated as an afterthought.

This year, I am not sad or upset about my family, tho. I'd love to be able to tell you why, but I don't know. I'm not looking forward to being alone and not with my family as I remember them to be, but I have things I want to get done. So...

HOPPY EASTER EVERYBODY!

.

8 comments:

Exhale said...

Happy Easter Ivory...may you have a restful weekend filled with peace.

Grace said...

Happy Easter to you, too, Ivory

castrogirl said...

Happy Easter Ivory... Good on you for not allowing yourself to be treated as an afterthought!

Take care,
CG

Michael Finley said...

Happy Easter. I am going to my families. I am going to eat and then leave. My mom is a very good cook.

Take what you want and leave the rest.

Kerro said...

Happy Easter, Ivory. I'm also glad you won't let yourself be treated as an afterthought. You certainly wouldn't be in my "made up" family. :)

Just Be Real/God Whispers In The Wind said...

Happy Easter.

Kate said...

Hello Ivory,

Happy Easter.I also tend to avoid family around a holiday. I'm sorry that you are being treated this way and I hope that you find some good time in your day today.

Since I am living with my brother until the end of this month we are going out to eat for the holiday. It usually doesn't end up good. But I will try. I don't usually try, but this is a special circumstance as I am moving soon and so won't be around him for a while. And I'm sure that I will be happy about that.

I hope you have a good day. Good and healing thoughts to you.

Kate

Paul from Mind Parts said...

Happy Easter.