Friday, September 11, 2009

Wedding Reception!

Saturday is my daughter's wedding reception! Finally! ! !

They have actually been on their honeymoon all week and got married at 9:09 a.m. on 9/9/09. So cool. Anyway, they got married all by themselves - no one got to be with them. I'm a bit sad about that but I'm glad she's happy. Her marriage is not about me, anyway.

The fun stuff is that I get to go stay a couple of nights at their house while they are gone and make the wedding cake for the reception. Yes, she is doing things backwards, but it's keeping everyone on their toes. The only thing she has asked of me is to make her cake and that is pretty important to her because I have always made her "wedding" cakes: for birthdays. She would page thru my Wilton magazines and pick whichever cake made her happy and I would make a very small version of it as a birthday cake. We had so much fun when she was young!So, my point is that I will not be around for the next 3 days unless I take my laptop and tap into their internet. Now that I think of it, I might just do that. The day after I get back is my next therapy session - I am dreading it already. Like I said before, the walls are up.

6 comments:

Just Be Real said...

Thank you for the heads up dear one! How exciting for you all this weekend. Blessings!

Paul from Mind Parts said...

Congratulations to you and your daughter. I hope you enjoy your time with them and celebrate what she's achieved. And, I do hope you take a picture of that wedding cake and post it!

Kate said...

Hi Ivory,

I hope that you have a lovely few days away.

Thinking of you.

Kate

castorgirl said...

I hope they are having a great time... Good on them for doing what they felt was right, but I'm sorry that it meant you missed out on seeing your daughter wed.

I'm sure the cake was amazing. I'm another who'd love to see a picture if you are comfortable sharing it :)

Take care,
CG

jumpinginpuddles said...

lol we think a wedding backward is hilarious good on them

Ivory said...

Thanks all for the wonderful encouragement. I couldn't have gotten thru the weekend without your thoughts.

JIP: Yes, the backwards wedding was a hoot and everyone had a blast!