Sunday, July 26, 2009

Beautiful Colorado

Wanna see what I see year round?

This picture was taken a couple of weeks ago. I just stepped out of my front door and snapped it and then I stood there in awe for at least 10 more minutes.




Its uniqueness is not only that the cloud cover was massive, but that I was facing EAST when I took it.

As I sat in my front room I noticed how orange my walls looked. I stood up and WOW! I couldn't believe what I was seeing! Normally, it is the West that offers the gorgeous painted sunsets, but the many clouds and how low they hung in the sky were reflecting a sunset that was actually free of cloud cover if I looked West. It was unbelievable - I had to share it with y'all. I have more!

I'm a nut when it comes to storms and tornadoes -I took a picture of a beauty a few years ago, I'll put it up this week some time. I'm actually going to try to figure out how to get them all up on a slide show. You know how it is, takes time and energy...

8 comments:

VICKI IN AZ said...

Wonderful! Thank you for sharing your gift from God.

castorgirl said...

Oh, this is beautiful Ivory. There's nothing like the beauty you find unexpectantly in nature.

Take care,
Michelle

Just Be Real said...

Ivory, this is sooo cool. Neat photo. How so very awesome. Look forward to seeing the others. Blessings.

Ivory said...

Vicki, Michelle, and JBR,

Thank you much. I'm happy that you enjoyed something from little part of the world!!

Have a great day!

jumpinginpuddles said...

we like thunderstorms but not winds awesome pic though!

fromthesamesky said...

Oh wow - so beautiful! :)

Ivory said...

JIP,
Me, too, I don't like wind. Believe it or not, with the tornadoes I've seen, there was very little wind! (until the tornado got closer, of course)

Samesky,
I'm glad you enjoyed this pic! I seem to be able to take good storm pictures - maybe because my life is so much like a storm...

Kate said...

Hi Ivory,

Thanks so much for sharing this. I love clouds and especially sunset clouds are so beautiful.

Kate