Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Happy Birthday

I got a b-day card from my mother today; it came in the mail. It said, "Happiness is seeing you grow into a kind, giving person, I'm proud in the way you keep turning dreams into accomplishments, and I love you -- just for being the incredible daughter you are. She lives 10 miles from me. At least once a week (used to be 3-4) she comes to the town I live in to visit my father's grave. His grave, in the cemetery, is at the end of the block I live on.

My mother doesn't love me. She never comes to see me.

Four years ago, I told her I wanted to ask her questions about the man responsible for the trauma in my young life. She got angry. She went to my brothers and sisters telling them I was crazy and that I blamed her for "it", tho she denied there was anything to blame her for. They rallied - against me. I haven't talked to any of them for 4 years. The last time I talked to my oldest brother, he told me I would be better off dead. We used to be close. :(

Homesick,
Ivory

1 comment:

Kate said...

Hi Ivory,

I'm sorry for your pain. My mother did mechanations like this to me as well.

I am glad that you don't see her. I don't think she is worthy to be your mother.

Good and healing thoughts to you.

Kate